Designing things on the internet since 2004
Product designer and a psychologist, striving to evoke joy, comfort, and confidence by making the complex feel simple.
I started designing things on the internet some 16-17 years ago. Over the years I had the privilege to meet people from all over the world and work with them on projects in various industries.
I design to help people do their job with a sense of calm. I try to anticipate their struggle, identify the right problems, and solve them well. My goal is to design a "home", not a "house".
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to have a chat — I am always interested in meeting new people.
- 2020 - now
Designer + owner
Jolly Good Design
I run a tiny product design shop — so tiny it's just me here. Oddly enough, I am big and tall.
- 2013 - now
Product Design Manager
I am leading design for a property management system used in hotels around the world.
- 2015 - 2019
Designer + owner
I used to run a two-person design shop in Croatia until I moved to the Netherlands in 2019.
- 2008 - 2013
Web designer & developer
I designed and developed marketing websites of all shapes and sizes. I had the privilege of leading and working on projects for companies like Maistra Hospitality Group, Arena Hotels, Microsoft, and T-com.
- 2004 - 2015
Designer and frontend developer
Designed websites left and right, sometimes deep into the night.
- 2013 - 2014
Startup Inkubator Rijeka
Helped startups design better products by mentoring them about product design and the role of psychology in it.
- 2003 - 2010
Master of Psychology
University of Rijeka, Faculty of Arts & Humanities 🇭🇷
Learned to conduct research and analyze
peopledata. For my graduation thesis, I designed and conducted an online experiment that examined the effectiveness of commercials.
Up close & personal
- About me
- I prefer to think things through instead of moving fast and breaking things.
- Working on stuff I've never done gets me excited. I love to figure things out as I go.
- When picking a path, I tend to go for the one less traveled.
- I ❤️ remote work.
- Croatia native, I now live in the Netherlands with my family.
- Here to help
- I design products people don't struggle with.
- Comfortable providing an outside perspective as a consultant or working from the inside as an employee.
- Seeking to understand the broad context of product development (business goals, customer needs, and technical constraints) and focus on finding balance and harmony.
- I used to run A/B tests back in the day when I was working on websites.
- I've constructed questionnaires, conducted quantitative research, analyzed data, and almost went down the route of academic research.